Sunday, May 6, 2012

Growing up and up...

 For the last few years, I have been growing my garden from seeds. I have had a lot of luck so far, but always know that transplanting them into the sandy soil I have here has 50/50 odds of surviving.
 This year I am growing green beans, watermelon(my first time trying), squash, white pumpkins, carving  pumpkins, jalapenos, green peppers, lettuce, rhubarb, Swiss chard for Danny, Cilantro and a lot of other flowers.

 My lovely weeds in my lawn.
 The ivy that I never planted but is all over my yard the last few years.
The mound coming alive.
Sunshine just planted(African Daisies). I bought these at the store.
My favorite...Candy tuft. It brings such joy in the spring with the white flowers, but is also pretty all summer with its green pretty color. I wish the flowers would stay through summer and fall though.
The evening sun.

Growing things is very therapeutic for me. It brings me such joy, even pulling weeds, to be outside.

I find it is a good stress reliever.

No comments: