Friday, September 21, 2012

The Heart of the Miracle...



So...

I found out that my ejection fraction (how well the heart works) has gone from working 20% (55%-70% is normal) to 45%-50%!!!!!!

So what does this mean?

My heart is healing!! I still have problems with the bottom of my heart being sluggish, but that is what I am going to have to deal with.

I went to the cardiologist today and met with Kraig Packer, NP. He is the one who controls what meds I take so that they don't hurt my heart or make it beat wrong. He is the one that caught that Celexa is bad for a lot of peoples heart. I had been taking that for anxiety/depression for years. 

Packer told me that he has not seen this kind of accelerated healing in a very long time. He smiled and told me that this is amazing and that it had only been four months is...
(He didn't finish, he didn't have to.) We were both smiling so big.

I went on a long hike up one of my favorite places, Rock Canyon, on Sunday and was so amazed at how good I could do. The problem with me is I lost ALL muscle in the hospital and have been ever so slowly building it up. 

Now I feel like I am going to dance ALL night long! Just try to stop me!

I don't know why I am getting so many wonderful miracles in my life right now, but I want you all to know that I know my Savior and Heavenly Father do love me no matter what. I am meant to be here for a reason and I can only hope that I can fulfill that purpose. 



Thank you to all my friends and family that have helped me through this traumatic experience. I would have been deeply lost if it were not for you!

No comments: