Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Oreo cupcakes...Yum


Idea number 1
 

I used a chocolate boxed mix, and I poured in a little batter, added a whole cookie, then covered it with more batter and baked. 

***********************************
Idea number 2
I also used a white cake mix and I chopped up about 16 oreos (into 6 rough pieces). 
I left in the cream in the cupcakes when I chopped them, stirred, poured into cups, and baked. 
I used the same icing for both.  I googled cream cheese icing, and then added 6 T of crushed oreos to the icing recipe (without the cream).  

Heres the Cream Cheese Icing recipe I used...my source is 'the internet'...I don't even know anymore, except it was just some recipe site: 
8 oz cream cheese (softened), 1 stick of butter (softened), 1 T. vanilla, 4 c. powdered sugar, 2 T. heavy cream.  I had to double this, and it covered 26 cupcakes. 
I didn't add the oreo on top until about an hour or so before the party b/c they get soft fast.  
***************************************
I have to try this. I love Oreos!!

No comments: