Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Broken...



When my Great Grandpa Claude Bird passed away, my Grandma Nilsson took us to his house to find treasures. He had walls full of books. He loved to read. So do I. My Grandma and I would go to the library during the summer and sit outside on the porch and read sipping our diet pepsi's or lemonade.
Well, upon visiting his house, all the good books were gone but I saw this plate. It was my Great Grandma Velma Bird's. I loved it, so I took it home with me along with two saucer plates and a cup that matched.

I then asked my Grandma Nilsson for one of hers, which are blue but same. My mother got them for her wedding but gave them to my grandma because she liked them so much. I had both on a rack and then one night, after christmas, I broke them. The funny thing is I had a bad feeling all day that they were going to break. Well, they did.

So, I started looking for a plate to replace my broken one.

Lucky me!!!

I found one for $5.

What a deal!

It may not be my Great Grandma's, but it still reminds me of her.

No comments: