Friday, July 1, 2011

Out of the Shadows...


Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine." Ralph Waldo Emerson
**************************************************************************
I find myself in constant conflict.
I want to always obey the rules, and be like everyone else...
That way...
No one would notice me and all my flaws.
I will put on my fake smile.
And hide deep inside myself so people won't have anything to talk about behind my back.
I will be invisible...

But...
There is another part of me who wants to be ME.
Just ME...
The flawed person I am.
To laugh at myself and also work on the things I need to do to make myself a better person.

I feel that I need to step out of the shadow that I create...
And let the true light of who I am show.

I don't care if people don't like it.
If someone has a lot to say about me and all the flaws and mistakes I make...I will smile and pitty the person who finds themsleves so PERFECT, that they have to make other people feel bad about themselves in order to make them feel good.
I don't care if people dissaprove of me and my choices.
Don't like it, don't come around me!

NO ONE has ever been in my shoes.

NO ONE has the right to be my judge and jury about my life.

I will live.

I will laugh again.

I will NOT be like everyone else.

I will NOT be another cookie cutter person.
I will not worry about silly things that make me hate myself and doubt who and what I am.

Life is to short for regrets.

I will not die with the regret that I wasn't true to myself.

I AM DESIRAE LYNN NILSSON SOMMERS.
I CAN love myself and be myself.






No comments: