Thursday, July 4, 2013

City of Rocks/4th of July...

Taisha's climbing team planned a camping trip at the City of Rocks in Idaho. So off we went.

 Alisha had plans with her BFF at the Stadium of Fire and I was jealous. Kelly Clarkson, Carly Rae Jeppson and cirque du soleil was there. So she stayed with Autumn.

Skyler was in the Provo Parade on the 4th so he also stayed home and hung out with Austin's clan.




 Alisha had plans with her BFF at the Stadium of Fire and I was jealous. Kelly Clarkson, Carly Rae Jeppson and cirque du soleil was there. So she stayed with Autumn. Skyler was in the Provo Parade on the 4th so he also stayed home and hung out with Austin's clan.
Arriving at the City of Almo which is located just outside of the City of Rocks.
I loved the flags and oldness of the city.
We stopped at the gas station/grocery store..which really had nothing and found out about the fireworks and BBQ. We thought a small town 4th of July sounded perfect so we went only to eat and go home due to a thunderstorm and high wind that canceled the fireworks :( We were soooo disappointed. 

But, I did meet Sarah and Justin, who happened to work as park rangers, while there. Who knew I could be so social?
 We attracted a lot of attentions being outsiders, but gorgeous Sasha was the talk of the town. We met so many people that were visiting or from Utah.
 It was great.

Immediately we set up camp and everyone jumped on the rocks in our camp and we climbed. I was not prepared for the beauty I encountered when reaching the top. It was breath taking. I normally HATE the desert, but the landscape and uniqueness of this area was a pleasant surprise.

My rock lovers!
 We noticed how sparkly the rocks were and how glittery the dirt made us. I just wish you could see it in this picture.

Hey Sasha! She had so much fun exlporing and climbing the rocks!








I do not know why Danny put his shirt over his head. Weirdo.
McKenna waving.
Do you see the face next to McKenna in the rocks?


What a view!

No comments: