Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Favorite Season...

While Danny and the girls climbed...
I took a hike.
It was wonderful to get some time to myself.
To go at my own pace.
To be in nature.
I always feel so much better in the mountains.
It was overcast and still smelled damp from the week of rain.
It was heavenly.
and...don't take home the acorns. I learned that lesson from the maggot story.
So I just took pictures :)
I felt so at peace. And...
ALIVE.
******************************************************
The pictures below are of the damage from the night before.
This is the trail above. 
If you wanted to keep going, you had go climb over broken trees and rocks.
I was amazed at how the path can be full of debris...
And how we must always keep moving forward. 
Even if the path seems impossible. Don't go around, don't quit.
Climb over the obstacle. Being on top is the only way to conquer it.
******************************************************

1 comment:

Tolman Family said...

Wow, those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Fall in Arizona just isn't the same...