Thursday, September 1, 2011

Be Yourself...


Dear You,

You are a child of God. You are unique and beautiful and full of promise. You have so many great things to accomplish in this life. Worrying about what others think of you can be crippling. Please don't let those worries dictate who you are.  Decide that you will not let silly words or made up ideas keep you from finding your dreams and being who you are meant to be.

You have been given a precious gift, the gift of agency. With that gift you can decide how you feel about yourself.  Do you really want to take that gift and hand it over to someone else? Especially someone who is mean, hurtful and doesn't even really know you at all?  Why would you let a person like that decide how YOU are going to feel about YOURSELF?  

Believe in yourself, and if you don't yet know how....rely on someone who KNOWS you and LOVES you to help you understand how spectacular you are, because you are SPECTACULAR!!! You are a bright shining star and I love you. I love all of the quirky little things about you.  Don't be afraid to be who you want to be.  

With all my heart..and then some, 
Me


I wish I wrote this, but I found it at poppiesatplay.blogspot.com

**************************************************************
I thought it was a good message for the day. Today the world is changing and lines are starting to blur. I don't want a society that is made up of strict laws and rules that keep people all same cookie cutters, but we need order.

I know that if you have faith and a strong relationship with the Lord, you will be able to find a greater strength in yourself. You will love yourself and try to keep growing spiritually.

You will find that when you are in uncomfortable situations, you will be okay.

For example, when I go to the strip in Vegas, I feel on edge. I DON'T want to see the things that I know are wrong. But, I know in life, that there may be no choice in being in these situations, it's how you draw into the spirit you have and stay true to it. I don't know if I am making sense or really getting across what I am trying to say.

Be yourself and stand for what you think is right. That doesn't mean going around telling people they  are wrong and judging, it means, when it comes to you and your family, you will do what you have to do to protect them from the things that would do them harm, physically and spiritually.

Be the teacher...not the stone thrower.

No comments: