Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Where are you Christmas?

For the last couple of years I have struggled.
My babies are no longer babies.
Toys R Us is a thing of the past...
So the magic of Christmas has changed...or is it just me?
 No more waiting by the fireplace...oh wait, we don't have a fireplace. 
Looking out the window to see if reindeer really know how to fly and Rudolph with his nose so bright.
No more visits to see Santa at the mall. You try getting teenagers to sit on Santa's lap!
 
However, I still see the sight of everyone hanging out in the family room Christmas day with their Christmas goods. That hasn't changed thank goodness!
And whenever I think of the true meaning of Christmas, it isn't Santa...it is our Savior and family...Love, forgiveness, giving, charity, peace.

I still see the magic of it all. 

Sometimes I just need to be reminded.

No comments: