Sunday, December 16, 2012

Joys of Christmas Music...

Last night the girls and I went to the Stake Christmas Concert. It was a wonderful time spent with the girls listening to each ward sing and all of us singing. The music was so beautiful and brought the spirit.

At the end, Stake President Roberts got up and told us about his married kids having a hard time trying to find him a Christmas present. They asked him what he wanted or needed and he said...

I only want one thing. My family with me.

He later talked about trying to forgive, helping others, being grateful for the miracles Heavenly Father bestows on us and sharing the joy of life with others.

I sat there a little surprised. 

Why you ask? Are these things uncommon to hear?

No, I have been trying to live each day one day at a time and trying not to take things for granted. I am also trying really hard to get rid of negativity in my life and forgive. Forgiving is hard, and trying to help my friends and family. I want them all to know how lucky they area and to not take each day for granted.  I may fail a little at these things or may go about it wrong, but at least I am honestly trying and it is coming straight from my heart. 

Oh, and I realized that since my incident, I have seen too many miracles to mention and so grateful to be alive and here to spend this Christmas with my kids. 

I haven't felt the spirit in so many years, but this year I am full of love and peace and want to spend as much time with my kids and Danny as I can. 

That is all I ever want for Christmas.


No comments: