Monday, December 17, 2012

The broken lamb...


Today a co-worker came to tell me a joke. He then told me a story about a baseball player who after four years, was not doing very well. Then last year they became the champions and in an interview they asked him how he went from bad to good. He told them he was frustrated at trying to do it all himself because it wasn't working. So he decided to turn to GOD and give it to him. 

When they asked him what he meant, he told them a story of a shepherd and one of his sheep. He had a hard time from keeping this one little lamb from wandering so he broke it's leg so that it would have to rely on the shepherd to carry him to where he needed to be. After the lamb's leg healed, the shepherd found the lamb would always follow him and be by his side.

I thought that was mean of the shepherd. 

I know why he shared the message with me and it was so subtle but sweet.

I had to turn to my Heavenly Father and stop trying to get doctors to listen to me. I knew what was coming and handed it over to Him. I knew without a single doubt that he would do what He had planned for me. 

He broke me and I am now a different person. 

I at first was shocked at the way people talked of my situation as a miracle. I was scared and wondered why I would have to go through all of this. How did this help me?

I know now. It's hard to see the good when you are going through the bad, but I did.

I will still struggle with "burdening" Him with my problems, but I know He loves me and I have found my way back to him.

I love my Savior and am so loving Christmas this year. The Spirit is always with me and my family feels so much happier and closer.

I am celebrating the birth of our Savior who has saved me too many times.

No comments: