Friday, January 4, 2013

SM Work Poetry Contest Winners...So Heartwarming!

Our SecurityMetrics party was amazing as always. Below are the winners of the Poetry competition. This is the only competition worth mentioning.

Amazing. 

They touched my heart and made me laugh. So I thought I would share and hopefully touch someone else heart.

 Clever winner: The Tree Poem: Dirk Whatcott
              
-->
           *
                So  
               ToEat
              AndChat
             AmidUnity
            BraidRibbon
           AdmireIcicles
          AddMoreTrimming
         BeginTheYuleTides
        KissUnderMistletoes
       ThinkaboutElvesAtWork
      SeeColorfulTwinklyLight
     StoriesAboutReindeerSites
    SingSongsLikeIvyAndTheHolly
   EverybodyShareChristmasCheers
                 by Dirk Whatcott  SC (Santa Claus)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-->
FUNNY Winner  BLACK FRIDAY by Jared Gant

Santa, I promise, I can
Explain.
Certainly, you will
Understand. The
Reason I elbowed that
Imbecile kid,
The reason I
Yelled at that stupid old man.
Maybe I trampled an
Elf or two,
Tackled a mother of three little pests, but
Really,
I did it all for you,
Cause I got what I wanted,

So now you can rest
 ================================================================================
Santa: “All I want for Christmas is to Catch Santa Clause.”
By:  Shane Romrell

Silently waiting I peek through the window.
Eager at the chance to finally meet you.

Curious what's first, stalkings, cookies, or presents.
Unable to bear my excitement one more second.

Reindeer are known to wear bells so I’m told.
I strain my ears for that jingling gold.

Tonight only comes but once a December.
Yet year after year with no luck to remember.
 
My mind full of fears that maybe I’ll miss him.
Even at 6 I'm a man on a mission.
The clock strikes twelve and the chimes start to ring.
Right then I glimpse movement up next to the tree.

I burst through the door with victory at hand.
Chimney smoke settling as I search for the man.
Santa Clause vanished but I did find my dad.
 
========================================
Pracical Winner: … All I want for Christmas...Aubrielle Bullock

Santa Honey, Surely you should know
Everything I want for Christmas
Comes with a Price, so here we go
Ultimately Channing Tatum would be a good addition under the tree
Red in the face and drooling I would be
I really need a new wardrobe
Trousers, dresses, and shirts with bows
Yukon Denali in pearly white would be my next choice
Maybe singing like T-Swift with an amazing voice
Elves have probably told you that I'm not very nice
That's ok, we know they sometimes tell little white lies
Remember this one last little thing
I really want a man holding a “BIG FAT” Diamond ring but...
Charity is the best thing to remember
So give these gifts to someone else who needs them on the 25th of December
 =========================================
Heartwarming Winner: All  I  Want For Christmas---By Tyson Winslow
So you want to know what I want for Christmas.
Everyone may smirk at my reply.
Can you keep a secret if I tell you why?
Underneath my Christmas Tree I would like to find.
Resting and waiting for someone so Jolly and Kind.
Is my dear little ones dreaming of catching Santa Clause in the act.
This is something so special and so dear.
Yet only happens once a year.
My children are so special as many people know.
Events happened so tragically that we can't have anymore.
Two is quite a handful but I love them none the less.
Receiving these two young ones has left me feeling blessed.
I know some may find this silly for wanting something so simple.
Could you blame me for wanting to enjoy the magic rekindle?
So now you know that this is all I want for Christmas this Year.
-->
=====================
Spiritual Winner:
Any Other Gift
Todd Hovorka
December 12, 2012

Sadly sometimes we forget
Emboldened by our greed
Christmas is not what it's meant
Until it's Christ we see

Revealed in each child's face
Is something we should be
Thrill and wonder, innocence
Young happiness and glee

Mighty Master, Holy One
Eternal King of Kings
There must be room for Gods own Son
Redeemer of all things

I need not any other gift
Christ's birth outshines the rest
So give me not the things of earth
* Just love and tenderness *


=============================================

No comments: