Wednesday, February 6, 2013

ICD info...

 This is the card I have to have on myself at all times. It tells what model of ICD I have in case of emergency and so I don't have to go through the metal detectors anywhere that have them. I thought it would be good to have a copy of it in case I lose it and something happens.
 
I have no phone line, so I visit my mother in law to do my readings.
This reads my stored information on my ICD and downloads it to Dr. Wang so he can check and see if everything is alright. The only thing I don't like is how load it's beeps.
It takes a little while, but I don't mind. I am supposed to do it every night when I go to bed, but since I have had no incidents and my heart is healing, they aren't so worried.

I have to say that technology today is pretty amazing. I have a box in my chest that will pace my heart if needed and jump start it if it stops again. I really hope I don't have to be conscious if that happens again.

No comments: