Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fat Cat or Luna...

We had a backyard friend for a few years. 

I used to see this cat sitting on the summer shack and scream. She was so quiet and scary and still that I would not notice her until she moved a little.Then, we finally befriended her. 

We called her "Fat Cat" for awhile because we didn't know the sex or name of the cat. We also had no idea who's cat this was. As you can see from the pictures, this fat, super furry cat became comfortable with us and showed up whenever we went in the backyard, especially when we BBQd. We saw how she was on the heavy side so we NEVER shared food with her. She was on a special diet according to my neighbor(her owner). 

Last night I arrived home minutes after she had been hit by a car. The neighbors were out so I went to see her. She was still alive, but super broken...

They said they were going to take her to be put to sleep.

I cried and so did McKenna. 

I truly loved Luna. She ALWAYS made me happy. She also had an awesome name.

I don't understand how someone can run over an animal and just leave it. 

We had two dogs hit by a car with our little daughers witnessing it, and the people never stopped. To most people, they are JUST animals, but to the people that own them, they are family. They are God's creatures. 

Luckily our neighbor's employee saw it happen or she could have been ran over by us again.

I feel silly crying over a cat that wasn't even mine, but I feel she was like an angel. Watching over me and coming when I needed her.

Bye Luna...I will miss you.

No comments: