Monday, October 17, 2011

Letting Go...And forgiving


I have had a hard year so far...
I have had to come to terms with the loss of loved ones, and letting go of some deep wounds that scarred a little girl to her core.

I feel so naked in front of the crowd bearing my emotions and past. I worry that people will think of me as a crazy person or just WEIRD, but I need to remember the life's lessons I have learned and how I have overcome my trials.

So...

It started with a whirlwind of emotion and memories...

Things that I must come to terms with and say goodbye to. 

It is not about saying who is wrong or right.
It is about letting go of the life sucking toleration and sickness that eats at you and makes you feel full of darkness and misery...

It's about seeing it through adult eyes and deciding to find compassion and love the person who you feel has wronged you.

Letting go of the WHAT IF'S and I SHOULD HAVE'S and I WISH and WHY'S.

 And making peace with it then sending it on it's way like clouds blowing in the wind.

 I cried a lot and it felt as though each tear was a release.

I must of had loving help from above for looking at it now, I feel only sadness for a person who would have to make themselves feel better by hurting a child and causing a life long rift in what could have been a beautiful life long friendship. 

We were just pawns in a sad game. And now...

GAME OVER!

 The scars remain...but the peace of forgiving and compassion are such an overwhelming relief.

I recommend it for everyone...Try to forgive and not hold things in to fester. I come from a family who does this and it is so unhealthy and sad. I want to be free of these things. I want to know that I have done all I can to be my best and more Christlike.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

A favorite saying of mine is a family is only as sick as it's secrets...

P.S. We're all weirdos together! Love you!