Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Cuzzy...

 This Talk given to us by Quentin L. Cook, Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
for our October General Conferendce, was the one that was for me. The Songs They Could Not Sing

While we do not know all the answers, we do know important principles that allow us to face tragedies with faith and confidence.

This year we have lost a best friend Sean Peart tragically and yesterday, I learned my cousin Torri Nilsson had passed away...I also lost my Great Grandma Poll.  All of this happened in the time frame of four months.

Today, October 7th, is Sean's Birthday. He would be 45 today.

Torri...the cousin I love so much.

Torri Lee Nilsson

July 13, 1975 ~  October 5, 2011

Hometown: Salt Lake City, UT

     
Torri Lee Nilsson
1975 – 2011

Torri Lee Nilsson passed away unexpectedly on October 5, 2011. She was born July 13, 1975 to Kevan and Connie Nilsson.
Funeral Services will be held Monday at 4 pm at the Broomhead Funeral Home 12600 So. 2200 W. Riverton, where friends may call 2 hours prior to funeral.


The struggles of our lives don’t define who we are, they define who we become.
On Oct 5th 2011 we unexpectedly lost our daughter, sister, mother and friend Torri Lee Nilsson.
On July 13th 1975 Torri was born to Kevan & Connie Nilsson.   She graduated from Murray High school and earned her LPN degree from the U of U and SLCC.  She had 3 beautiful children Tyree, Christopher and Luke. Torri enjoyed spending time in the out doors, camping, hiking and rock climbing. She loved the time she spent with her family on road trips to California, Oregon and through Utah.  She loved to dance & loved music.  She always said that she loved the water - walking in the rain, swimming, long baths, and the ocean.
Torri was a spiritual person that looked to her heavenly father for guidance with her daily struggles. She took comfort in knowing that on the day that she would be called upon by her lord she would be entering into a world filled with love, light, hope, happiness and peace.
Torri is survived by her mother Connie, her sister Heather, her children and her father Kevan. She is preceded in death by her Grandparents Weir and Wilda Memmott, Beverly Nilsson and her brother Kevan Tyrell Nilsson.
Torri,  We take comfort in knowing that you have  been welcomed into heaven by your grandparents and your brother.  


It is hard to talk about this for me. This will leave me so exposed and raw. I need to share for this is my personal blog and I feel getting it out there, I can learn to heal. I can't have the closure I need, but getting this hurt out of me hopefully will help me move on.
 
I sat up last night for hours with all my memories flashing through my mind. Like the time she and I told the younger ones that there were secret passages in my Grandma's house. They climbed in the closet and we locked them in. Yes...we were bullies. But I smile at that. We also would talk all night when sleeping over at Grandma's. Oh and the time she was on the hippo when we were probably 11 or 12 and she went face first into the snow. Funny. She also sometimes gave in and let me sleep on the bed and not the floor, not very often though. I started to slowly learn to speak up for myself. I always was amazed at how much she could eat and stay so skinny. NOT FAIR. Also when we would fight, she would call me Des the Lez and I called her Whori Torri, Ya, we were sometimes mean.

I will so miss her. I wish I could have told her I loved her and reached out to help her like I wanted to so often. I kept telling my family and Grandma that I wish she would stop hating me and let me help her. She had a meth addiction that she battled for so long. She wanted to be a nurse again and be with her children more.

I remember a family reunion where she had just given up her third child, not mentioned in the obituary, for adoption. I wanted to reach out to her so my Dad and Danny told me to talk to her. She was sitting alone under a tree, so I walked over and sat next to her. She turned her head away, so I told her I was sorry and that I was here for her. I put my hand on her knee and she abruptly got up and ran away crying. I felt so horrible.

I hope that she understands how much I love her and that I have forgiven her and hope she can forgive me. I do hope Torri finds the peace she needs. Bye my friend.

On another sad note...

Her brother took his life three years ago almost to the date.

October is looking to be a month of sadness for our family.

I do however, find comfort in the fact that Torri is in my Grandma Nilsson's arms and is with her brother. It makes this a little better. I know my Grandma knew how much I loved Torri and wished we could be friends again.

I hurt so much...

From her Daughter Tyree...

Torri Lee Nilsson – My biological mother left us all unexpectedly on October 5, 2011. I ask all of my friends and loved ones to say a prayer for her. Please ask that in death she will be able to find the peace, comfort and love that she was not able to find while living. May God bless that she is reunited with her brother grandparents and mother-in-law. And they watch over her and guide her through this new adventure that she is now on.

 

No comments: